What's Your Choice for the 2010 Nobel Prize for Literature?

Wednesday, October 06, 2010 - 11:04 AM

The Swedish Academy will announce their choice for the Nobel Prize in Literature tomorrow. If you were on the selection committee, what author would you choose? What book have you read in the last year that is deserving of the Nobel Prize? Leave your answer in the comment section below.

Tags:

More in:

george bergman from Ny,NY

I think Ismail Kadare should win it . He is one of the best writers I have ever seen, some criticis compare him with Kafka.

Nov. 30 2010 12:03 PM
Mr Turdiu, New Jersey from usa

Nobel, has to be given for the life activities and not only for one novel, and I think that Ismail Kadare from Albania is the best chhoise, he has been for years the best choise.

Oct. 07 2010 06:54 AM
vishal from INDIA

AT LAST A DAY COME WHEN ALL BOOK LOVERS KEPP THEIR EYES ON A NEWS FROM SWEEDAN...I HOPE HARUKI MURAKAMI WILL BE ANNOUNCED WITHIN SOME HOURS...LETS SEE !!!

Oct. 07 2010 05:00 AM
Guglielmo Belis

As has been said; the Nobel prize is not awarded for a single work.
And if that pugnacious moron Achebe wins it then I may vomit. (After eating my hat, of course.)
It's hard to choose, really. The only way I would be truly satisfied with tomorrow's choice is if they brought Beckett back to life and gave it to him again. While I'm on the Theatre of the Absurd; Pinter won it a few years ago, didn't he? Why not Edward Albee, then?

Oct. 06 2010 04:42 PM
elizabeth dean

The Nobel prize is for a life's work, not for one novel, which some of your contributors seem to think.

Alice Munro would be a good choice. But probably Tomas Transtromer will get it this year. He is also a good choice.

Oct. 06 2010 04:04 PM
Ekene from Canada

There's no other book that I will nominate than the larger than life book "Things fall apart" By Chinua Achebe.A book that evolves around the first meeting of the west and Africans. Since this meeting, the world has never been thesame.

Oct. 06 2010 03:10 PM
Juan A. Zuazua from Arkansas, USA

I nominate Carlos Fuentes.

Oct. 06 2010 02:52 PM
Gurukarm (@karma_musings) from MA

Is only fiction eligible? If non-fiction is, I'd totally nominate Rebecca Skloot's "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" - although, now that I think of it, that may have been published in 2009... Oh well!

Oct. 06 2010 11:28 AM