Your Take: The Movie Made About You When You Were 26

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 02:34 PM

"Grad School Barista"; overeducated and underemployed
—AJ Ballou (via Facebook)

College Dropout: The dropout years
—James (via Facebook)

Sign up for daily texts and get your voice heard on the air. Check out our Facebook page, and follow us on Twitter.»

The Accidental Journalist
—@jenreports (via Twitter)

Behind the scenes of What's Inside: Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger Chips!
—@patrickdijusto (via Twitter)

Crazy Beautiful Part 2: My Life as an Illegal Immigrant's Wife
—Sarah Elizabeth (via Facebook)

"No More Poetry", a story of how I stopped escaping into art and focused my energy on getting over my depression and anxiety to do what I had really wanted to all along: live a functional, "normal" life.
—Sarah Elizabeth  (via Facebook)

'A Million and one ways to be successful at failing'
—Hartford, Ct. (by text)

"Books in The Face"
—Pontiac, Mich. (by text)

"The Shortest Movie Ever"
—Pontiac, Mich. (by text)

Readjusting Perspective: Take Three
—Natasha, Miami, Fla. (by text)

Maybe a 1/3 life crisis! ;-)
—Fla. (by text)

“Fork in the Road.” That title may reference the tapering off of my career as a fulltime pastry chef and the start of a quarter life crisis.
—Fla. (by text)

Up in Smoke. HA!
—J.K., Fort Lauderdale, Fla. (by text)

At 26 I was still working towards what i thought wouod happen right after college graduation 5 years earlier. At 26, Since i was still living at home, had changed careers, was back in school, and not making the money I would like to have been making, I would call my movie "Are We There Yet?"
—New York, NY (by text)

Failure.
—Mich. (by text)

"Another day in the life"
—Providence, RI (by text)

"Just barely made it here"
—Mahopac, NY (by text)

Ouch! A billionaire??? By 26 I stopped watching television and discovered social networking and spent waaaay too much time checking my Six Degrees, Friendster, Migente, Myspace and Facebook only to realize someones has been banking big time off of my irresponsible apathetic internet habits! Now I have left behind a trail of traceable garbage that will hurt my chances of ever becoming President... Way to go!!! For the pioneering guinea pig!! The title will be "The Social Network Guinea Pig"
—Richard Lopez

With my finger on the nuke button.
—Allan, Woonsocket, RI (by text)

Tags:

More in:

sidney from tx

The Farmer's Wife... about the golden family struggeling with incompatibility.

Oct. 06 2010 09:14 PM
Alan Meyers from Boston

The film about me at 26 would follow the days and nights of an intern at St Vincent's Hospital in lower Manhattan, and it would be especially poignant as that institution is now shuttered forever, having succumbed to the global economic madness...

Oct. 01 2010 08:53 AM
sarah elizabeth from a new american citizen's home

Crazy Beautiful part 2 ... My life as an illegal immigrants wife. (( I FB postedit, but it was mixed up w someone elses life lol )

Sep. 30 2010 05:50 PM
Alan from Boston, MA

26. I started a new career, buried my dad, and got married.

Sep. 30 2010 04:39 PM
Eugenia Renskoff from Brooklyn

Hi, If they made a movie about my life it’d be about a woman who was born in an affluent neighborhood of Buenos Aires, Argentina. She immigrated to the U.S. before the age of 11 with her father, a Russian Cossack immigrant from the Don River. They settled in San Francisco, CA. The young woman started writing at the age of 6. When she was in her 20s she went back to Argentina, where she fell deeply in love with a Catholic priest. He was very handsome. Her widowed aunt in Buenos Aires became her second mother. Back in the U.S., she wrote a book about her love called Different Flags. She took good care of her elderly friends and neighbors. The woman matured through her love and experiences in Argentina and she traveled widely. In BA, she adopted a courageous and loyal dog named Rubio after her friend Nadia died in a fire. Then, she went to Manhattan and fell in love with the city. One of her favorite books had been Gone with the Wind., so she went to Atlanta. In that city she bought a condo and unknowingly got caught up in mortgage fraud, predatory lending and foreclosure. She lost her beautiful condo in the blue stocking neighborhood of Buckhead and lived on the steps of a church in Manhattan with her small cat. Now she’s about to be homeless again.

Sep. 30 2010 01:26 PM
David from Facebook

‎"Bachelor life. Living life like a movie when all your friends are getting married."

Sep. 30 2010 10:16 AM
Christopher from Facebook

Trying...because I was trying out different careers, trying to be a responsible husband and father, and because sometimes my life was just plain trying!

Sep. 30 2010 10:15 AM
Joanna of Bay Ridge,NY from Bay Ridge

After marrying my childhood sweetheart I realized the role was not for me and left the network of family and friends to discover my identity in the work world. I dined with Jacqueline Onassis and the memory is eternal, at her apartment, and I met Cary Grant, and traveled to many places. You can say at age 26 my movie title would be, "With My Eyes Wide Opened." Of course, there were recessions and losing my job so severe vissisitudes of the 70s, 80s, 90s and I find myself in one now in 2010. Just me and my memories....I am an inventor of a useful product to help others and I guess that's my giveback.

Sep. 30 2010 10:15 AM
Noel from Facebook

"I used to dream of making the money I'm starving on now"

Sep. 30 2010 10:15 AM
Brett from Facebook

" Contempt and Contemplation" The story of how, by 26 I had rebelled against authority, left my home and discovered the country by motorcycle. Only to learn how truely fortunate I had been in my life. Returning a better man, tempered in my philosophy and with a far greater understanding of the world around me.

Sep. 30 2010 10:15 AM
Lyndon from Facebook

When I was 26, my life was like a blending of "Real Genius" and "PeeWee's Big Adventure"

Sep. 30 2010 10:14 AM
Marlene from Facebook

I was working full time, going to grad school and dating. No really good stories from that year.

Sep. 30 2010 10:14 AM
James from Facebook

Art Brut - Formed a Band

Sep. 30 2010 10:14 AM
anderson angela from hilton head island

LIVING THE DREAM:
a Yuppie before there was a name for it...first wave of baby boomers with a college degree, new job, new house, new marriage, 2 paychecks, 2 new cars and the world as my oyster.....and on the cusp of women's lib with actual life and job choices.

Sep. 30 2010 10:08 AM
Alexander Thompson from Gloucester, Massachusetts

Elevator pitch: A dedicated husband who hitherto believed his wife was behind him 1000% discovers that she's suffering from psychosis. After the emotional breakdown and dissolve of their three year marriage, he discovers a trove of photographic equipment while cleaning out the attic. Pouring himself into the serendipity of this find, he begins the journey of reinvention that leads to his becoming a photographer of the last generation to be schooled in the ways of chemistry and film.

Sep. 30 2010 09:47 AM
AMDS from Brooklyn

At 26? At 26 I met a world famous writer, we traveled to South America on mission and got a story published we wrote together in a national magazine. What a high... Back in Brooklyn in he meanwhile, I had just invited chaos into my life. An old friend of mine moved in and I found out too late that he was schizophrenic. The highs and lows of the 20s all compressed into a crazy year. Let's say, at 26 I grew up!

Sep. 29 2010 07:32 PM