Your Take: Pastor Terry Jones's Quran Burning

Monday, September 13, 2010

Last week's plan by a pastor in Florida to burn copies of the Quran on September 11th got you weighing in, long after Pastor Terry Jones's announced he would not go ahead with the event .

Blakeney Schick

Billyoo from Englandland

Burn every religious book you like as far as i'm concerned! All a load of crap anyway, the bible, the Koran, the Torah etc. You don't need a religion to be virtuous, but it's easy to use one to start a war.

I don't see one religion as any worse than any other, they all indoctrinate using fairy tales and subjugate using fear. Well done Terry Jones for wanting to burn the Koran, it's just a shame you didn't have the brains to burn your idiot bible with it.

Sep. 17 2010 10:09 AM
mark

The Prophet Muhammad (may Allah bless him and God and peace) (removal of the minimum and where is easier to me than a drop of blood, man) This is the Prophet you hear from the Prophet is not true contrived temptation was crying for the armies Tqatlh because he knows they will go to Hell because of it. Mohammed was Teba has a generous family loves them as people love his family and his daughter Fatima, his cousin and husband of Fatima, Hassan and Hussein. Hussein, who died a thirsty killed some claim Islam as a young man is beautiful and loves God. Hussein, who was killed when the sky rained down blood, this is not just a myth to say to you is a fact. I invite you to learn about Hussein, the martyr and will know the Islamic religion is in reality. Prophet Muhammad did not want war with the people with those who deny Prophethood, but the infidels are those who want the war and before the start of each battle ask them to withdraw, and invites them to worship God and not worshiping idols Prophet is trying to them out of darkness into light, in which they did not like killing one. Prophet of mercy of our Prophet did not expiate one did not come out to fight, but if one had an obligation to fight. Taught by the Prophet to respect other religions and said to us (no compulsion in religion)
What can I say about Muhammad Ali and his cousin, and you shall ye burn the Koran. We hold the Bible and the Koran and the tensions over our heads .

Sep. 14 2010 06:04 AM
khalid shakear

One day, He sent Jesus Christ, some of his disciples to a village of the Samaritans to equip a place to rest before completing the march to Jerusalem, the Samaritans were in enmity with the Jews, so they refused to resign Christ. The reaction of Christ's disciples James and John, a request from Christ's miracles to order inflict fire from the sky Vtffine Samaritan village but Christ refused their request, saying:

«Ye know not of any spirit you both. The Son of Man did not come to destroy men's lives, but to save »(Luke 9: 55-56). Christ refused the request is full of grudges, hatred, and lack of acceptance of others, declaring that he came to save and accept the other. I ask you, O shepherd of my site as an Arab Muslim from Iraq, Is this the message of Christ - a message of love and peace - that thing? Did you pray for the Muslims before you decide to burn their holy book? The terrorism that is fighting, fighting him the whole world, and fight the real moderate Islam, but we disagree is in the means by which we use, You shall not murder the other and destroy it.

Muslim brother Khaled

Sep. 14 2010 04:16 AM
Mohamed from Zimbabwe

The hate comments are quite obvious, try to hide some of it guys.

Islam was spread by sword?
-Now, there over 10 million Coptic Christians in Egypt, about 14 million Arab Chrisitians, and thousands of Jews lived in peace for over 1,300 yrs with their Muslim neighbors.
If Islam was spread by sword "as you say", would those people stayed alive all those years??! I'm just wondering.

- 10.4 million Muslims in Malaysia, 1998
- 196.3 million Muslims in Indonesia, 1998

Have any of you heard or read about any troops or armies sent to those countries?Maybe, Saudi Arabia did.

Sep. 13 2010 03:01 PM
Disgusted with Obama

I lost complete and total respect for President Obama as I watched him zealously defend the rights of Islamic people in building a temple even though it wounds the families who lost loved ones on 9/11.

I almost threw up when I heard Obama's b.s. speech about the Islamic citizen's inalienable rights to build the Islamic Center - nevermind this pastors inalienable rights to burn whatever inanimate object he wants to burn to protest whatever he wants to protest in a supposedly free country.

I used to be very supporitive Obama. I thought he was a good president. No more. I hope to God he loses the next election.

People used to say that Obama was secretly Islamic posing as a Christian. I didn't believe it, but he has demonstrated a real bias in favor of Islamic people versus other Americans.

He is taking our freedom away making us slaves to the Islamic terrorists.

Sep. 13 2010 02:37 PM
fuku

the whole book is to be taken in context, no verse stands alone so all you are doing about pointing out "violent" verses is proving your own ignorance

Sep. 13 2010 02:35 PM
Dave

It's not a mosque anyways people. Before you get bent out of shape, you need to educate yourself on the situation. You people are no better than this racist bastard pastor. Yeah, right, that guy is who we want to put on a soap box to speak for all of us.

Sep. 13 2010 01:15 PM
Tom

How many religious fanatics do we have to kill before there is peace in the land?

Sep. 13 2010 12:48 PM
dseigler2 from all cities

Sep. 13 2010 12:21 PM
Isaias Cordova from NC

I agree with Mr. Sanders., I wish the least of outcomes will be for them to be stopped from building the musk at New York.
I have a comment for you.
From 634 AD trough 644 AD the muslims subjugated Syria, Mesopotamia, Egypt and Persia by the force because their armies were stronger.

They are conquering this (US) country with their mind.
Don't ask me why.

Sep. 13 2010 12:02 PM
Will Sanders

So few got the message on the Quran Burning and I am not even sure the Pastor got it ,OR the Media did not allow you to see what he was REALLY saying ? Not sure . BUT here is the point . 1 Read the Quaran . YES I have read and . read Sura 9 and the orther passages that CLEARLY INCITE VIOLANCE AGAINST NON MUSLIMS . HERE IS WHAT IS TO BE DONE TO PEOPLE UNTIL THEY CONVERT TO ILSAM FROM THE BOOK , WORD FOR WORD , IF YOU ARE QA DEVOUT MUSKLIM WHO OBEYS THE QURAN

"KILL THE IDOLATERS WHERE EVER YOU FIND THEM , AND SIEZE THEN , AND BESIEGE THEM AND LIE IN WAIT FOR THEM IN EVERY PLACE OF AMBUSH (9:5 THE VERSE OF THE SWORD ) FIGHT....THE PEOPLE OF THE BOOK (CHRISTIANS AND JEWS ETC ) UNTIL THEY PAY THE POLE TAX OUT OF HAND HAVING BEEN HUMBLED " These are but a FEW lines from this so called " holy book". Keep in mind how mnay in those countries do not have any decfent standard of living AND if you do these things you get all the goodies in heaven for killing all the others as well and you have a book made to order to get a zombie like army of killers .

BURNING it WAS the right thing to do to send a clear message THESE VILOENT PASSAGES WILL NOT BE TOLERATED UNTIOL THOSE PASSAGES ARE REMOVED .

So you say their are lots of nice Muslims who would not hurt a non beleiver ? Yes I agree. BUT that simply is IN SPITE OF THEIR BOOK AND NOT BECAUSE OF IT IF THEY FOLLOWED IT THEY WOULD WANT YOU CONVERTED, UNDER ISLAMIC RULE OR DEAD .

This is not religous bigotry . I don't care what you beleive UNTIL your book says you should kill me if ai disagree THEN I want your book in the trash .

Sep. 13 2010 11:04 AM
Hillary

How disgruntled, disappointed and, oh yes, dismayed I was when I discovered that Pastor Jones had not burned anything. How tragic that, although given the right to freedom of speech and expression, we rarely ever use it out of fear of not being politicallly correct.

Sep. 13 2010 10:56 AM