Economy Hits Older Workers Hard

Monday, August 10, 2009

14.5 million Americans are out of work due to the worst recession since the Great Depression. All age groups are feeling the pain of the recession, but for 44-55 year olds, it's even harder. Beth Kobliner, Takeaway work-life Contributor and author of the bestseller, "Get a Financial Life" talks to us, along with Susan Price, who is 49, unemployed and looking for work.

I tried to remove some of the age indicators from my resume...I definitely updated my resume to reflect the newness of the MBA and tried to play down some of the other dates.
—Susan Price, 49 year old laid-off professional trying to find a job

Beth Kobliner and Susan Price

adamehirsch

At long last we've corrected the audio problem. Thanks for your patience!

Adam

Aug. 12 2009 03:38 PM
loveless

I, too, am waiting for this to be corrected. I would like to share this with a friends.
I did try to write down the websites. I did get one correct and it is <A HREF="http://www.encore.org/>encore.org</A>

Aug. 12 2009 09:35 AM
Robert M. Soleau

I would also like to hear this again. I'm 53, have 2 masters degrees, 2 professional certifications, and find myself out of work.

Aug. 11 2009 09:16 AM
Susan Price

I am the Susan Price that was on the show today - would really like to be able to get a link to this clip - however the clip is the wrong section of the show - when will this be fixed?

Aug. 10 2009 08:56 PM
jcolgan

Sorry Ray. We're fixing this now.

Aug. 10 2009 05:02 PM
Ray

The wrong audio has been linked to this part of the site. The piece about parents advocating for steam tables is posted, not the piece with Beth Kobliner and Susan Price.

I wanted to hear the names of the organizations that organize internships for adults which was mentioned at the end of the piece. Would be grateful if you could re-post the correct audio and perhaps put the names of those organizations up on site?

Ray