Movie Date Presents: Oscar...Totally Naked

Friday, February 22, 2013 - 05:31 PM

An Oscar Award statuette. An Oscar Award statuette. (Getty Images)

In this week's Movie Date podcast, Rafer and Kristen's bickering isn't restricted to the online world. Instead, it's made available to radio listeners all over the country. It's their first hour-long special for the airwaves, and it's all in honor of Hollywood's biggest night. Ladies and gentleman, "Movie Date Presents: Oscar...Totally Naked."

And yes, Rafer and Kristen are naked throughout.

Hosted by:

Rafer Guzman and Kristen Meinzer

Tags:

More in:

elaine from li

I would really like to listen to some intelligent movie reviews from NPR but this program is intolerable. First of all, how could any movie reviewer not care about the director? More importantly, Kristen Meizner's constant fake and extremely loud cackling is unbearable!

Feb. 27 2013 03:02 PM
Jenn from Lower East Side

Kristen has been led to believe her opinions are interesting, funny, thoughtful, or otherwise noteworthy. Rafer is an amiable non-entity. They're both incompetent interviewers and uninteresting hosts. I'd love to hear a good movie-review show on WNYC but neither one of these people have anything to say worth hearing.

Feb. 25 2013 10:57 PM
Phillip from DC

Dammit guys! I'm naked but you guys are not. I wanna *hear* some skin! Now!

False advertising...

(You guys are entertaining, though I don't quite know what to make of you).

Feb. 25 2013 11:14 AM
David from Nassau County

I listened.

If this is how WNYC responds to the needs of its listeners it must mean - follow me here - that WNYC listeners need an occasional dose of inane blather to remind them why they don't listen to commercial radio.

This could be a good thing: conscientious, old school listeners can leave their homes in the evening without guilt or fear of missing anything. Instead of ridicule I should be expressing my gratitude.

Consider this my expression of gratitude.

Feb. 23 2013 06:32 PM
MrD in NYC from NYC

Fun show. And yet I still can't help but think Kristen Meinzer rendered herself unqualified to host the program as as result of her complete dismissal of the importance of film directors. It reveals an astonishing lack of understanding and knowledge of filmmaking. It's one thing to debate whether a director is more a craftsman vs. an author. But to confess utter ignorance of the basic responsibilities of the director convinces me that she has absolutely nothing of value to offer in a discussion of film. I would love to have a film show as part of the WNYC lineup, but only if they get a qualified host.

Feb. 23 2013 03:38 PM
Not a Fan

I want my hour back...and I only caught 30 minutes of the show.

Feb. 23 2013 11:24 AM
First Time Listener from NYC

Caught the program about halfway through; very amusing.

Feb. 22 2013 10:03 PM