Things You Wish You Would Have Said

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

If you could go back and say something to someone in your past — an ex, an old boss, a deceased loved one — what do you wish you could tell them? That question is the basis of a new book. It's called "The Things You Would Have Said" and it compiles moving reflections from people of all walks of life on the times when they didn't speak their mind — but wish they had.

Jackie Hooper is a life-coach and author of “The Things You Would Have Said.”

Jackie Hooper

Mythili Rao

Katia

I wish I'd sung more for my grandfather while he was alive, rather than singing at his funeral.

Mar. 30 2012 08:39 PM
rachel from portland oregon

What a great project/book and such heart warming letters. Hope to see this soon on Good Morning America, The Today Show or one of the other morning shows. Very inspiring.

Mar. 29 2012 11:11 AM
kelli from Oklahoma

I wish I would have told my old dog, sandy, that I was sorry for yelling at her in her elder years for having accidents in the house. I was a teenager (barely) and didn't understand what it meant to be patient. I would tell her she was a great companion for 14 years and she will always be in my heart.

Mar. 29 2012 10:39 AM
Ray from Queens, NY

Thanks for a great discussion this morning.
We've all been there.

I love whoever organizes the music as you transition segments,
Regret by New Order, so appropriate

Mar. 29 2012 10:17 AM
Jenn

I've read the letters in the book and it is very inspiring to me in how I want to live my life and how I want to interact with my family and friends.

Mar. 28 2012 01:53 PM
carrie from detroit

Expression: Avoir l'esprit de l'escalier

Pronunciation: [ah vwar leh spree deu leh scah lyer]

Meaning: to be unable to think of witty comebacks in time

Literal translation: to have the wit of the staircase

Mar. 28 2012 09:40 AM
earthmommy from NY

I would have told my mother how much I wanted to be there to take care of her, even though I was pregnant and couldn't be around the radiation. I wish I told her in that last how much I loved her and that she is the reason I am who I am today. I wish she could have met her grandson.

Mar. 28 2012 09:04 AM
Janet from michigan

I wish I had told people other than my family my brother was raping me until I was 16 years old.

Mar. 28 2012 08:21 AM