Movie Date: Your and Our Favorite Scary Movies

Friday, October 28, 2011

From "Hellraiser" to "Halloween," we are in the middle of scary movie season. To some that's a horror; to us, it's a delight. Movie Date podcast hosts Kristen Meinzer and Rafer Guzman gave us some of their favorite picks, and you did too. Combine those with the favorite options from our hosts, and you've got a set of truly hair-raising titles. Post your scream-inducing flicks here, if you dare.

Want to subscribe to Movie Date? It's easy on the Movie Date iTunes page.

Rafer Guzman and Kristen Meinzer

Alan Nakamura from Denver, CO

Scariest Movie? For me, it's John Carpenter's The Thing. It still makes me jump at times.

Oct. 30 2011 03:10 AM
wanda broadhead from utah

I was 7 years old and waiting to go out trick or treating on Halloween....it wasn't dark yet, so my mom told me to watch TV . The Murders in the Rue Morgue was on.the old black and white...I still remember the jangly bracelet, the poor unsuspecting young women who wore it and summonded the killer ape..and then when the woman stuffed up the chimney, and her arm fell out while the officers were looking for her......I didn't go trick or treating. I was terrified of that movie till I was in my 20's and then finally saw it with some trepidation....wow was it campy.

Ghost Story is still one of the scariest movies to me, and Invasion of the BodySnatchers with Donald Sutherland

Oct. 28 2011 10:36 AM
Lori from NYC

The Omen.

The Exorcist.

I'm 48 and still can't watch either without nightmares.

Oct. 28 2011 10:25 AM
Julie from Boston

I was waiting and waiting for someone to mention Hitchcock's "The Birds." It aired annually when I was a child and none of the mothers in the neighborhood would permit any of us to watch it. This only added to its appeal.

Oct. 28 2011 10:18 AM
Bob Brown

The Haunting 1963, Claire Bloom, Julie Harris, Richard Johnson, Russ Tamblyn, and Lois Maxwell.

A movie that induced white-knuckle fear.

Oct. 28 2011 09:48 AM
Peg

My first encounter with scary movies was "Space Master X-7", a 1958 B grade sci-fi with the horrifying Blood Rust virus. My parents took us to see it for our first time at a drive-in. Our family has been terrorized ever since by that terrible Blood Rust multiplying in our closets and under our beds.

Oct. 28 2011 08:34 AM
Jane Turbov from Chicago

One of the scariest movies I ever saw was "Wait Until Dark." I was in college sitting next to some poor guy who I barely knew and jumped into his lap at one point...

Oct. 28 2011 08:30 AM
martha lorini from NY

Hi Guys
What about Wait Until Dark...ancient but terrifying. Audrey Hepburn is blind & being chased around her apartment by a knife-wielding murderer. Can't remember who played the guy...just terrified me.

Oct. 28 2011 08:28 AM
francis tabone from new york

I am 46 years old. I still will not watch the excorsist. I have seen every other horror film and love to be scared! But that is one movie I cannot get through.

Oct. 28 2011 06:18 AM