West Virginia Provides Haven for People 'Allergic' to WIFI

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

For some Americans, WIFI is more than just an annoyance — it's a source of health problems. Electromagnetic hypersensitivity is a term for a range of symptoms that sufferers feel when they are exposed to electromagnetic fields, including acute headaches, skin irritation and chronic pain. It’s as if they are allergic to wireless technology. For some, the only solution has been to move to the U.S. Radio Quiet Zone in West Virginia, where no WIFI signal is allowed because it interferes with radio telescopes in the area.

Nichols Fox is one of those people who have moved to the region to escape from WIFI.

Comments [1]

David Sanua from Brooklyn, NY 1210

In a second answer to the Maryland physicist who thought EMF sensitivity was impossible, people with weakened bodies can well feel such "low-energy" radiation: I myself, when I was in much worse shape than I am now, would feel prickling when I picked up an extension wire or telephone wire. And a telephone wire runs on 7-volt electricity! A direct microwave hit used to knock me off my feet.

Sep. 14 2011 10:06 AM

Leave a Comment

Email addresses are required but never displayed.