Top of the Hour: Osama Bin Laden is Dead, Morning Headlines

Monday, May 02, 2011

Osama Bin Laden was killed by U.S. forces in a firefight yesterday, according to U.S. officials, who reported this news late last night and early this morning. Word of the death is rippling around the world, and crowds started gathering immediately in Times Square and at Ground Zero here in New York. Celeste Headlee reports live from Ground Zero.

patrickfoote from gloversville new york

nice work you got the job done you rock unitedstates mairne cour

May. 02 2011 08:50 PM
patrickfoote from gloversville new york

i would like to thank each and everybody that got involed in keeping america free

May. 02 2011 08:41 PM
listener

"Osama bin Laden, the terror mastermind killed by Navy SEALs in an intense firefight, was hunted down based on information first gleaned years ago from detainees at secret CIA prison sites in Eastern Europe, officials disclosed Monday".
Associated Press 5/2/2011

May. 02 2011 06:45 PM
Mihcael Fairbank from Methuen, MA

So Richard Perle is still talking that "imtelligence" to support the Iraq debacle. It was always made up of whole cloth to justify a foregone decision. Saddam Hussein NEVER had anything to do with Al-Queda or Bin Ladin.

May. 02 2011 09:59 AM
charlie kruger from harrington park nj

Post-it note left on the White House door: "You weren't happy with the birth certificate, so I got you a hairy kidney patient. We cool?"

May. 02 2011 09:09 AM
Tessa from Mamaroneck, NY.

One of your guests said that the world is very different post 9/11 -- he's right. I was 13-years-old when 9/11 happened, I grew up in a post 9/11 world for my entire adult life. Being from New York, I know many friends that lost loved ones. With the killing of Osama bin Laden, the villian the world has known my entire adult life, I must think, what's next?

May. 02 2011 09:02 AM
Ed from Larchmont

Yesterday was the Feast of Divine Mercy and the beatification of Pope John Paul II. I had just turned off the replay of the beatification Mass and turned on the radio to hear the Bin Laden had been killed. I can't help but see a connection.

About turning the other cheek, there is a tendency to simplify Catholic and Christian moral teaching. There is also the teaching to resist evil.

May. 02 2011 08:01 AM