Game: The 2008 Veepstakes on Facebook

Friday, June 20, 2008 - 12:00 AM

Who says it doesn't matter whom a presidential candidate picks as a running mate? Swing states have never been swingier and a smart VP choice could fill electoral holes for McCain or Obama. The Takeaway challenges you to predict the ticket in The 2008 Veepstakes, a stock-trading game based on speculation in blogs and news media.

Tags:

More in:

Beth Doyle

[[Comment moderated. Off-topic. Moved to "Mornings Need a Makeover."]]

Jul. 02 2008 10:29 AM
DIANE BERGER

This has nothing to do with McC...

BUT WHY DO I HAVE TO JOIN FACEBOOK TO DO THE VEEP STAKES THING? OR DO I HAVE IT WRONG????

Jul. 02 2008 12:57 AM
Beverlee

Veeps!! Eeek!
McCain/Romney
Obama/Clinton...Bill, too.

I think our major concern should be more who the Sec. of State will be and the Attny General..
I believe Pres and VP at this level at this time in our country means nothing without the consideration of who actually makes decisions. Oh... and while we are t it...who to be the Pres Sec. ??

Oh my!

Jul. 01 2008 10:36 PM
MARILYN DELALIO

McCain should pick Charlie Crist of Florida who already has accomplishments to brag about. It does not matter who OBAMA picks because I will not vote for him under any circumstances.

Jul. 01 2008 05:02 PM
Cheryl

I'm taking a gamble. I think Obama might pick New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg (in that case my late Father might come back just to see this election) or if the country isn't ready for a Black/Jewish ticet - then either General Wesley Clark (if he can learn to to watch his mouth a bit) or Senator Jim Webb. McCain, on the other hand, would be foolish not to pick Mint Romney whose youth, energy and business acumen will appeal to the rhose reluctant to give their vote to the aged. A long shot idea - how about Elizabeth Dole? No one has mentioned her in yonks years.

Jul. 01 2008 04:49 PM
Mel Rubin

No question about the VPs. Jim Webb for Obama, Mitt Romney for McCain or should I call him McBush.

Jul. 01 2008 04:21 PM
Jeanne

Here is a novel idea: How about each picks a person from the opposite party for Veep! Obama should choose Orin Hatch and McCain could choose Edwards...... Interesting concept, yes?

Jul. 01 2008 03:57 PM
Kevin Budds

I think McCain is going to pick Leiberman.

Obama will pick Richardson

Jul. 01 2008 03:54 PM
jason

This is a great game. I am having fun playing around with it. It is a good addition to your coverage and gives us a way to interact. I hope that you mention who The Takeaway listeners seem to be betting on as the Veeps are actually selected.

Jun. 28 2008 07:28 PM