Play The Takeaway's "Where Are You?" game this morning online and on air

Friday, April 03, 2009 - 05:00 AM

We're talking about the online/offline game Foursquare this morning, and we're playing a game on air and online at The Takeaway.

It's easy to play. Call us at 1-877-8-MY-TAKE, email us at mytake@thetakeaway.org, or leave a comment to check in. Tell us where you are and what you're doing. Be as specific as possible. And don't forget to tell us your name or handle!

You know what we're doing right now. It's time to tell us what YOU'RE doing! No matter how mundane or insane! If you're in the kitchen: Call us. If you're on the subway: Call us. Fleeing the country? Call us! You get a point each time you check in. And you'll get bonus points for frequency and outlandishness. Look for a leader board Friday morning at thetakeaway.org.

Read more about the absurd satisfaction of playing Foursquare.

View badge-winning submissions after the jump...
This morning, we awarded several badges for your responses. Here are some of them...

EYES-ON-THE-ROAD BADGE | Bob:
  "I was driving to school, but now I'm not sure where I'm calling from..." (4/3/2009)

LAW-BREAKER BADGE | Jenny:
  "I'm on the New Jersey Turnpike, hoping the cops don't pull me over..." (4/3/2009)

HUMDRUM BADGE | Robert from Massachusetts:
  "I'm enjoying my hour-and-a-half morning commute. I do this everyday, it's extremely boring..." (4/3/2009)

NO-PLAQUE PLAQUE | Paul:
Just got back from an early morning Dentist appointment. No cavities!

CHILLAX AWARD | Erma:
  "I'm sitting in my bathtub..." (4/3/2009)

NOT-ON-TWITTER BADGE | Chris from Brooklyn
  "I've been listening since 6 o'clock and I'm still trying to figure out why this is interesting..." (4/3/2009)

Tags:

More in:

Jerlyn

I'm at work programming. http://www.twitter.com/Jerlyn

Apr. 03 2009 05:43 PM
Evelyn E.

I'm at work at a mental health crisis clinic on the central coast of WA state. It's a slow day and that's a VERY good thing in this line of work!

Apr. 03 2009 03:22 PM
MA

I am in work working on our new software system watching the rain and wondering if business will ever pick up.

Apr. 03 2009 10:44 AM
mwebster

I'm pitching story ideas to my editors at The Takeaway (full disclosure, I'm the science producer), while I sit on my medicine ball at a desk overcrowded with electronic equipment. I'm sitting at my desk in my bedroom that overlooks the rainy back garden here in BK, and I'm gearing up for the long day. I'm writing this post as I stall on taking a shower.

Apr. 03 2009 10:24 AM
Elisabeth

I'm in Detroit at Henry Ford Hospital, making microscope slide sections of bone samples for an osteoporosis study funded by the NIH.

Apr. 03 2009 10:01 AM
Paul

Just got back from an early morning Dentist appointment. No cavities!

Apr. 03 2009 09:14 AM
Ian

I'm at work in NYC, girding my loins for the day ahead.

Apr. 03 2009 08:50 AM
DT

living room...computer...coffee & cigarettes...day off work to do taxes...just made pledge to WDET

Apr. 03 2009 08:38 AM
Shanna

In the Netherlands, in my studio, painting.

Apr. 03 2009 08:37 AM
Kim

In Hong Kong listening to WNYC and updating my blog.

Apr. 03 2009 08:28 AM
Mike

still in bed, listening to the Takeaway, trying to plan my day's routine. Oh, listening on KWMU2 as it isnt remotely possible to listen locally.

Apr. 03 2009 08:27 AM
Carolyn

I am in Massachusetts listening to the Takeaway on line from KWMU-2 in St. Louis so I can hear more than the one hour of the program that is broadcast in Boston.

Apr. 03 2009 08:12 AM
Todd

overqualified, with 2 degrees, and unemployed in Detroit...but not for long! Relocating to D.C. because of a job offer...anybody want to buy my 5 year old condo in this distressed housing market?

Apr. 03 2009 08:11 AM
Soto

At work trying to hear the radio over my noisy office.

Apr. 03 2009 08:08 AM
Mike Rose

I'm in the study, thinking about making some coffee. Brooklyn, NY. http://twitter.com/miketrose

Apr. 03 2009 07:00 AM
Nina

I am in my bed in my basement apartment in Providence RI.

Apr. 03 2009 06:13 AM