Tax Cut and Unemployment Deal Won't Help '99ers'

Monday, December 20, 2010

The extension for unemployment benefits that came along with the compromise tax deal is good news for many of the unemployed, but it won’t help the 1.4 million Americans who have been out of a job for over 99 weeks. Alexandra Jarrin is one of the “99ers,” who have exhausted their unemployment insurance benefits. She says the Government is "thumbing their noses" at the long-term unemployed and favors other priorities.

The former corporate executive and graduate business student is sleeping on a friend's couch, after being evicted from her apartment earlier this year. She'll spend Christmas looking for jobs — she's sent over 3000 applications so far.

Alexander Jarrin

Duncan Wilson

Jeff Scott from IL

It should be clear to everyone that we have very serious problems in Washington, and there will be no help from Congress or the White House.

I've got a Plan, it needs people behind it. The 99ers have the most to gain by carrying out that Plan, or any other plan to remove the Traitors & Crooks from our government.
"99ers - Help Is Here - A Real Plan Of Action" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHZ9irgTDoM

Save America Now Plan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k457iBLQn1I

Dec. 22 2010 02:44 PM
Christina Tobin from Metro Detroit

I would really like to get in touch with Alexandra and other 99ers. My recent experience was that I finally got an interview with a company for a position that I was slightly overqualified for, but being a publicly traded company and the job being at their world headquarters, I saw an opportunity to show them what I was capable of along with having the opportunity to advance to the level I have recently achieved by completing a Master's degree in accounting.

Before I even got passed the HR rep, I was denied the interview with the hiring manager, because I was forced to file bankruptcy last year.

All of us 99ers need to band together to address age discrimination and the use of credit reports in this environment in making hiring decisions.

Dec. 22 2010 09:57 AM
Christina Tobin from Metro Detroit

Dec. 22 2010 09:55 AM
weneedtier5

Barbara99er-GA is right. The so called government doesn't care about the 99ers. At From the Trenches World Report we are taking a proactive approach to being unemployed. We have an entrepreneur's page to try to pull ourselves out of this mess. We have a think tank to come up with new ideas. This site belongs to all of us.

Dec. 21 2010 09:02 AM
shawn from reno

I am 99er. I am running out of options, so i created a blog to hopefully

make some kind of income. http://onthetownreviews.blogspot.com// There is a

pay pay donate button near the bottom of the page. Any help would be

greatly appreciated.
Good Luck and God Bless

Dec. 20 2010 11:25 PM
Barbara99er-GA

This government is not interested in helping out the 99ers. Statistics show that the majority of the 99ers are between 45 and 65. We can't get jobs because there are no jobs. If we apply for a job and a younger person applies, it doesn't take a genius to know who is going to get the job. Our government wants us to go away somewhere and die and that is happening already.

I have been posting this same message for months. Please go to the website -- From the Trenches World Report and go to the Organized Resistance page and under Nationwide Rally to Extend Unemployment Insurance, leave your first name, state and the address of your unemployment office so we can organize active civil disobedience. This is for the 99ers and future 99ers. By not uniting we are letting them win.

Dec. 20 2010 03:35 PM