Start your day with something to say! Enter The Takeaway’s t-shirt contest and send us your original slogan that expresses how you feel about the state of affairs today. Your pithy and thought-provoking phrase could become a designed t-shirt.
It only takes a few words to start the conversation: Tell us what you care about so much that you would wear it on a t-shirt, in six words or fewer!
Here’s how to do it:
Starting March 8, 2010,
- Submit your original slogan in six words or fewer.
- Keep it constructive: slogan topics can be about politics, world affairs, current events, the economy or culture.
- E-mail your slogan to email@example.com by 11:59pm on March 28, 2010.
- We’ll post t-shirt designs for the top 10 slogans chosen by The Takeaway staff and hosts John Hockenberry and Celeste Headlee.
Beginning April 12, 2010, you can vote for your favorite t-shirt/slogan.
The top five winners will receive a copy of their t-shirt. The top five winning slogans/t-shirts will be featured on The Takeaway website and will be made available for purchase online through a third-party vendor.
- You must be 18 years or older to submit. If you’re younger, your slogan must be submitted on your behalf by a parent or guardian.
- Any submitted slogan becomes the property of WNYC Radio and Public Radio International (PRI). We also reserve the right to use, copy, reproduce, in whole or in part, your slogan on a t-shirt or any other way. By submitting your slogan, you transfer all rights to WNYC Radio and PRI.
- The winners will receive credit for the t-shirt slogans on The Takeaway website. The credit will not be on the t-shirt.
- We reserve the right to make adjustments to the winning slogan(s).
- You must submit your slogan by 11:59pm, March 28, 2010.
- Entries will be judged by the The Takeaway staff and hosts John Hockenberry and Celeste Headlee. The judges will be looking for a dynamic and compelling t-shirt idea related to general subject matter and topics covered on The Takeaway, while expressing an original and unique point of view concerning politics, world affairs, current events, the economy and culture.
- By submitting you agree to all contest rules.
- In the event the judges feel no submission is suitable, The Takeaway reserves the right to cancel the contest.
- This contest is not open to employees or freelancers of WNYC Radio or PRI and their affiliates.
- You may submit as many slogan ideas as you’d like.
- Your submission must be wholly original. By submitting a slogan you guarantee that you hold rights to all content, and that it does not infringe on any copyrighted material.
Beginning on April 12, 2010
- Vote for your favorite t-shirt on The Takeaway website.
- All voters must comply with the same judging criteria used by The Takeaway staff and hosts. Voters will be looking for a dynamic and compelling t-shirt idea related to general subject matter and topics covered on The Takeaway, while expressing an original and unique point of view concerning politics, world affairs, current events, the economy and culture.
Voting ends April 18, 2010, at 11:59pm.
Need inspiration? Check out some topical t-shirts below.