There are 2 versions of our audio player: the pop-up version (left) and an inline version (below).
To use The Takeaway audio player, you need Flash (version 7 or later) available for download on Mac or PC. You may need to adjust the pop-up blocker on your browser to allow the pop-up version of the audio player to work. We recommend that you use current versions of web browser software; we do not support all older versions of some browsers.
1. Play / Pause - Click to start playing audio. (when a triangle is pictured), or to stop playing the current track (when a two vertical bars are pictured)
2. Progress/Status Bars - As the player downloads an audio file, you will see the white bar turn grey. The bigger the grey bar gets, the more you have downloaded. The moveable yellow arrows overlap the download bar and show you what point of the audio file you are listening to. If you would like to move playback to a new position, click on the arrows and drag them to another point.
3. Volume Click on bars the to adjust playback volume. Click on the speaker icon to toggle muting on and off.
4. Listen (inline player only) - Creates a pop-up player, puts the audio file at the top of your playlist, and immediately begins to play it. If your browser blocks pop-up windows you may need update your settings to allow pop-ups from this site.
5. Add (inline player only) - Creates a pop-up player and puts the audio file at the bottom of your playlist so you can listen to it later. If your browser blocks pop-up windows you may need update your settings to allow pop-ups from this site.
6. Embed (inline player only) - Opens a window with html code, allowing you to embed The Takeaway audio player into your website or blog.
7. Stream (inline player only) - Allows users to listen to audio in their own media software.
8. Download - Downloads the MP3 file so you can import it into your own media software or portable MP3 player. Some files will not be available for download due to copyright restrictions.
9. Current Track - (pop-up player only) The track currently playing has a yellow background. To choose a new track on a playlist, click on it.
10. Clear Playlist (pop-up player only) - Removes all audio files from "My Playlist."